CEQA, Land Use, Zoning, Planning, Stormwater, Renewable Energy, Air Quality Rules, Water Quality and Supply Regulation, Wetlands Permitting, Habitat Mitigation, Endangered Species, Historical Resources, Dredging, Greenhouse Gases, Airports, Parks, Gravel and Surface Mining, Roads and Transportation, Joint Powers Authority, Eminent Domain, Public Works Contracts and Leases, Municipal Law
Marianne has 23 years of environmental and land use law experience advising municipal governments and private sector clients developing multiple residential, commercial and industrial projects.
Representation of Boards and Commissioners:
Planning Commission, Airport Land Use Commission, Historical Resources Board, Code Enforcement Officer, Building Official, and Hearing Officer, Community Planning Groups.
Neat and highly organized. Efficient. Self-starter. Positive attitude. Results oriented. On time. Problem solver. Excellent research and writing. Good communication.
Environmental and Land Use Expertise:
- CEQA/NEPA and Technical Report Review.
- Biology, Wetlands & Cultural Resources Strategies.
- Greenhouse Gas, Climate Change & New Source Review.
- Stormwater Planning and Implementation.
- Zoning and Building Code Compliance.
- Municipal & Government Procedures.
- General Plan and Community Plan Updates.
- Water Supply Assessment Evaluation.
- Residential Subdivisions and Master Planning.
- Energy, Natural Gas & Utility Scale Solar.
- Agricultural and Food Processing Operations.
- Williamson Act Contracts.
- Vineyards and Orchards Regulatory Compliance.
- Large-Scale Dairy Consolidations.
- Equine Law & Horse Farm Facilities.
- Commercial Recycling Tires & Scrap Metal.
- Surface Gravel and Sand Mining.
- Public Works, Airports & Transportation.
- Joint Powers Authority and Annexation.
- Tier I & Tier II Development Agreements.
- Community and Municipal Advisory Committees.
- Real Estate Transactions & Inverse Condemnation
- Environmental Consulting Contracts Negotiation.
- Federal Indian Land Use Law.
- USD School of Law, 1989.
- Rutgers University, School of Biological and Natural Sciences, 1990.
- Over 350 MCLE continuing credits in environmental and land use law.
- Recent MCLE in Natural Gas Fracking and CEQA Annual Update.
- Adjunct in Environmental Law at UCSD Paralegal Extension.
Technical Proficiency: Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, Outlook, Gantt Charts, Lexis and Westlaw, Paperless Review and Editing, Dropbox, Environmental Resource Databases.
To hire Marianne or one of our other qualified freelance attorneys, please fill out the form below.